(RADIATOR) WLAN Auth and OS X

Urs Landis urs.landis at mac.com
Tue Mar 1 16:22:33 CST 2005

Answers:
> - exactly what kind of directory service are you using with OS/X ?
Mac OS X uses an OpenLDAP Server, extentend with a Kerberos KDC, this
standart in OS X
> - Does your directory expose the user password in an ldap attribute ?
The Passwords are stored in the Kerberos KDC. Is this like this? I
think so!
> - Do you have your own openldap setup or do you use some kind of os/x
We use the OS-X Server standart setup
>   supplied ldap schema ?
we use the standart OS X schema, with some additional Attributes

best regards

Urs Landis
ICT
Kantonsschule
Hohe Promenade
Postfach
Promenadengasse 11
CH-8090 Zürich
Tel: 044 - 268 36 29
Nat: 079 - 400 40 01
Am 01.03.2005 um 22:29 schrieb Christian Kratzer:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Urs Landis wrote:
>
>> Hi Hugh
>>
>> NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM!!!
>>
>> After all the tests in the last days, it seems that i can't solve my
>> problem.
>> 1. OS X LDAP (and Active Directory) don't accept cleartext passwords
>> (from radiator)
>> 2. Radiator can't ServerChecksPassword with TTLS, TLS, PEAP, LEAP, ...
>> 3. PAP is the only one that should work with ServerChecksPassword,
>> but PAP isn't supported by Mac OS X nor by Windows XP
>>
>> And now????
>
> - exactly what kind of directory service are you using with OS/X ?
> - Does your directory expose the user password in an ldap attribute ?
> - Do you have your own openldap setup or do you use some kind of os/x
>   supplied ldap schema ?
>
> Greetings
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Kratzer                       ck at cksoft.de
> CK Software GmbH                        http://www.cksoft.de/
> Phone: +49 7452 889 135                 Fax: +49 7452 889 136

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Urs Landis
ICT
Kantonsschule