(RADIATOR) class of service for different users

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Jul 22 19:21:01 CDT 2005

Hello Ted -

Frank is correct in his response (thanks Frank) - the SSID is
selected by the client before the authentication takes place.

It is more typical to use different VLAN's for the different classes
of service.

As usual, a copy of a trace 4 debug showing the actual requests would
be quite helpful.

On 23 Jul 2005, at 00:12, Theodore Knab wrote:

> I have setup and tested Radiator with MYSQL for use with our
> wireless NAS.
> Currently, all wireless users are in one giant pool of mac addresses.
>
> But, currently the person managing the wireless is using different
> classes of service for
> different groups. He wants me to do this with radius.
>
> Is there anyway to add a 'class of serivice' indicator into
> Radiator so that different groups of
> users get a different 'class of service' ?
>
> For example, currently our wireless Faculty get a better 'class of
> service' than students and staff.
> Lab students, which is another group of users, get priorty over all
> others.
>
> According to the guy that setup these NAS devices manually, each of
> of these classes of service
> is associated with the wireless SID.
>
> Is this possible ?
>
> --
> *Theodore Knab                        |
> I am just a fuzzy illogical shell script with one foot  |
> in my mouth and the other in the Twilight Zone.        |

NB:

radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au