(RADIATOR) 802.1X with Radiator and EnterAsys R2

Luís Guido lguido at fccn.pt
Thu Jan 27 10:10:16 CST 2005

Hello Mike,

There goes another test made always from the same machine/suplicant (Windows
XP SP1 PEAP). The users were similar except for the realm.
The scenario is the same as the first one with only a small difference:
It was used the same certificate for both Radiator and FreeRadius.

Despite that, we have the same:

User@(Visited Institution) -> Proxy Radius -> (Radiator | FreeRadius)

I am not an expert but my first guess (looking o the tcpdumps) is that
Radiator is not using the "Framed-MTU = 1000" that EnterAsys R2 is sending
to the Radius Server and is sending bigger packets that R2 can handle.
The biggest packet FreeRadius send back to R2 is 1070 bytes (maybe 1000 plus
network packet headers?) but Radiator sends 1460 byte packet....

I have attached the output from FreeRadius (-X flag) that dumps all packets
plus some internal information; the Trace 4 from Radiator; the config files
(FreeRadius & Radiator) and the tcpdumps from both servers. If you need the
certificates I can send them too (are signed by a private testbed CA ;) )

Best regards,
Luís Guido