(RADIATOR) Intel Proset 9.0 weirdness with EAP-TTLS

Jeff Wolfe wolfe at ems.psu.edu
Tue Jan 25 10:01:21 CST 2005

Has anyone seen problems with users using the new 9.0 version of Intel's
Proset wireless drivers and centrino cards? I have a laptop here with
the 2200BG chipset and the 9.0 drivers and for reasons I can't explain,
it's adding a leading "\" to the User-Name inside the TTLS tunnel:

Code:       Access-Request
Identifier: 120
Authentic:
Attributes:
         User-Name = "\jtw106"
         Framed-MTU = 1400
         Called-Station-Id = "00-0F-23-94-44-7E"
         Calling-Station-Id = "00-0E-35-1E-3D-8A"
         cisco-avpair = "ssid=ems-wpa"
         Service-Type = Login-User
         Message-Authenticator =
  	EAP-Message =
         NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-IEEE-802-11
         Cisco-NAS-Port = "601"
         NAS-Port = 601
         NAS-IP-Address = 172.16.4.5
         NAS-Identifier = "rscap-3"

Actually, it stinks of some sort of Windows Domain logins and Bad
Code(tm)..

anyway,

What's the best way to sanitize the user-name before processing it?

-JEff

-JEff

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au