(RADIATOR) radiator with multiple DB servers - what's the best setup

jaws jaws at skyinet.net
Tue Jan 18 21:58:03 CST 2005

Hi all,

I am planning an implementation of radiator utilizing multiple DB servers
(two mysql db servers) in such a way that radiator will have an intelligent
to know which db server is the current master (mysql replication) and that
all writing will only be done on that DB server.  But with current version
of radiator that I am using (Radiator 3.9) I don't know if that setup is
possible or not.

Currently, I used multiple DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth in radius config to
tell radiator to use the other when the first server is unavailable. The
problem is I can't setup the db server in such a way such that  one of them
will automatically act as master (replication) when the other server is not
available and when the other server goes back to operation it will act as
slave. One possible solution is to use heartbeat in my DB Server but I would
like to know if there are other ways much simpler that you guys would like
to suggests.

Thank you in advance to all of you.

Jaws