(RADIATOR) General Questions

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Feb 21 18:02:35 CST 2005

Hello Stuart -

My customer database shows you as having an expired evaluation version
of Radiator from 2003.

Could you please clarify your purchase details?

Please respond to me directly.

On 22 Feb 2005, at 01:38, Stuart Clark wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a few queries.
>
> My situation is that I have dial-up and ADSL customers. I'm running
> Optigold/Mysql/Max6000/Cisco7204
>
> These are my questions:
>
> a) 'MaxSessions 1' dosen't work.
> An ADSL and Dialup user with same usr/pass can get online at the same
> time.
> How can I stop this?

You are using different session databases for ADSL and Dialup.

Simultaneous use checking depends on a common session database.

> b)These 2 attributes don't work
> RejectEmptyPassword
> CaseInsensitivePasswords
> They throw up errors

These are AuthBy parameters, not Handler parameters.

> c) One of my max 6000 throws back a 'Framed-IP-Address' attribute when
> user authenticates the other doesn't. They both have the same software
> version and I have spent a long time comparing configs. Any clues?

I am not familiar with the MAX 6000.

Anyone else?

> d) ADSL config - IS 'Framed-MTU = 1460' ok or should it be more?
>  If the ADSL router has PPPOA does it disregard the 'Framed-MTU'
> attribute?
> Does anyone have examples of their ADSL reply MTU attributes for
> PPPOE/PPPOA?

This is a question for your ADSL equipment vendor.

> d) I have never had anyone comment at the overall way in which my
> config is
> constructed. All the options nearly drove me bananas. Does the general
> structure look ok?

The general structure looks fine.

I am not sure what you are doing with your dictionary files:

DictionaryFile   %D/dictionary.ascend2, %D/dictionary

If you are running Radiator 3.11, this should probably be:

DictionaryFile   %D/dictionary, %D/dictionary.ascend

This assumes you want to send the "old" ascend attributes.

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au