(RADIATOR) Does this ring a bell, anyone?

Prins, R. r.prins at i-groep.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Feb 21 09:30:21 CST 2005

I am migrating my radius servers from one place to another, and try to
do that without downtime for users. At the moment I have the following
setup (Ascii graphics, use non-proportional font):

   City Center                                   Campus

Radiator 2-----Firewall 2 --------- Firewall 1 ----- Radiator 1
   |                                                      |
   |                                                      |
   |                                                      |
   +-----------------External Radiator--------------------+

I am running Radiator 3.11 on both servers. The external Radiator is 3.8

Firewalls are Cisco 6500 FWSM with latest software release Clients are
behind Firewall 1, which enforces autenthication

All radius request are forwarded to the external Radius Server either
through Radiator 1 or Radiator 2 All firewalls let Radius traffic pass
Requests to Radiator 1 are handled smoothly Requests to Radiator 2 give
problems

Radiator 2 says "Access rejected for user at realm: Proxied"
The External Radiator says then "Access rejected for user at realm: Bad
Password" It seems (from the password log file on the External Radiator)
that passwords are received scrambled and therefore are unequal to the
password in the database. I can't imagine what might spontaneously
scramble a password underway.

I know it is a strange problem, but I hope maybe this rings a bell with
anyone

Greetings, Ryko Prins

Leiden University,

The Netherlands

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has
removed 13415 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message
in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au