(RADIATOR) Comments and Suggestions needed

miko at yournetplus.com miko at yournetplus.com
Thu Feb 17 08:47:25 CST 2005

Doing some experimenting lately and for our configuration we require that
certain requests be sent out on different IP Addresses bound to our server
when we Proxy using AuthBy Radius and AuthBy RoundRobin. Easy enough with
the LocalAddress tag, however, we actually have several different IP
addresses that are used, but nearly all of the AuthBy's are using
identical information with the exception of LocalAddress. To help trim
down maintenance time and lessen the amount of different AuthBys needed in
the config I am trying to find a way to make LocalAddress a Dynamic value
instead of Static. In doing some research on how you can change object
parameters using MONITOR syntax I came up with this tidy little hook that
I can call to do what needs to be done.

PreAuthHook sub {                                     \
my $authby = Radius::AuthGeneric::find('authbyid');   \
$authby->set('LocalAddress','127.0.0.1');             \
}

Obviously my end script will use more dynamic references for the AuthBy
Identifier and the IP Address being assigned, but that is the essential
meat of the script above.

So here's my question, can anyone see any caveats to doing this? and does
anyone with a bit more programming/Radiator experience than I see any
issues with changing the LocalAddress parameter on the fly for each radius
packet that gets processed???

Thanks in Advance,
Miko

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au