(RADIATOR) Redback is sending too many Access-Requests

Claudio Lapidus clapidus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 07:58:54 CST 2005

Hello Mishari

On 12/20/05, Mishari Al-Faris <mishari26 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to trouble shoot this, I was wondering does Radiator have a queue for
> the requests its handling? and if its possible to check its status at a
> point in time?

As Hugh already pointed out, Radiator uses the operating system input
queue, so the monitoring technique is OS-dependent. However, it
typically involves repeated runs of 'netstat', and checking for
overflows or discarded packets in the UDP queue.

As an example, in Solaris you can run 'netstat -s', then, under the
heading for IPv4, look for a value named udpInOverflows, that is the
number of packets that didn't get serviced in time by the application
and got discarded.

You need to look for grow in this number between successive netstat
runs, when the system is under load.

The same command in Linux and Win2K gives similar data. The formatting
is different, however.

hope this helps,
cl.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au