(RADIATOR) Time restriction

Hisham Al-Shiha hshiha at medu.net.sa
Sun Dec 18 06:08:20 CST 2005

Hi,

I have Radiator 2.18.1 and I'm planning to implement time restriction for
specific type of users (ADSL). I succeeded partially to do this with <AuthBy
FILE> where the users file contains check-item Time="Al1800-0800" so the
time restriction works fine but still I need to categorize users with their
respective connection speed.

I tried first to update the dictionary with a string attribute named it
Speed and set its value inside the Realm clause:
	<Realm xxxl>
		AcctLogFileName %L/detail.log
		AddToRequest Speed="256"
		<AuthBy FILE>
			Filename %D/dsl_users
		</AuthBy>
		MaxSessions 1
		PasswordLogFileName %L/password.log
		RejectHasReason
		RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
  		SessionDatabase online
	</Realm>

	<SessionDatabase DBM>
  		Filename %D/online.medu
  		Identifier online
	</SessionDatabase>
	this file contains dsl_users contains:
	ndsl.test	User-Password=123, Time="Al1800-0800", Speed="256"
			Service-Type=Framed-User, Session-Timeout="until
Time", Framed-Protocol=PPP, Idle-Timeout = 1200
When starting the radius daemon it showed an error " Unknown keyword
'AddToRequest' " and when trying to login with the user ndsl.test

So I tried another solution:
	<Realm xxxl>
		AcctLogFileName %L/detail.log
		RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
		<AuthBy FILE>
			Filename %D/dsl_users
		</AuthBy>
		MaxSessions 1
		PasswordLogFileName %L/password.log
		RejectHasReason
  		SessionDatabase online
	</Realm>

	<SessionDatabase DBM>
  		Filename %D/online.medu
  		Identifier online
	</SessionDatabase>
	this file contains dsl_users contains:
	ndsl.test	User-Password=123, Time="Al1800-0800", Suffix=.256
			Service-Type=Framed-User, Session-Timeout="until
Time", Framed-Protocol=PPP, Idle-Timeout = 1200
But still unfortunately the request is rejected when trying to connect with
username ndsl.test.256 " unknown username ndsl.test.256 "

So could anyone help me with this problem.

Best Regards,
   Hesham Alshehah
   Systems Engineer
   MeduNet