(RADIATOR) Disconnect after 12 hours with WindowsXP clients

Toomas Kärner tomkar at estpak.ee
Tue Dec 6 06:51:37 CST 2005

We had a situation that could also fit your case.
Wireless, dhcp and time after time subscriber gets disconnected and
immediately got connected again. And all this with customers that had VPN
tunneling software running. As it turned out - the problem was in the VPN
configuration. They got always disconnected when their DHCP Lease expired.
When DHCP tried to renew its address, its request was sent into the vpn
tunnel and not to NAS. You'll get always such a problems when using VPN
profile that tunnels ALL the traffic - you might end up tunneling something
that doesn't belong there.
Maybe it helps.

Rgds.
Toomas