(RADIATOR) Accept on no response

Miguel Sanches miguelsanches5150 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 28 19:44:04 CDT 2005

Hiya,

Just wondering if it is possible, in a proxy-radius situation, to send back
an Accept when the client radius server fails to respond.

ie:
With requests flowing like the following

NAS -> WholesaleRadius -> [PROXY1] -> CustomerRadius (2 servers)

Should neither of the two CustomerRadius servers not respond, is it possible
for PROXY1 to send back an accept anyway to WholesaleRadius? (for Auth and
Acct). I know this present security issues, etc. Maybe adding a third in as
"localhost" with an auth-all running would do it.

This kind of does what we want. Except in theory every 3rd request would go
to localhost and be accepted where we only want to hit localhost should the
other two not respond, otherwise just keep bouncing between them.

<AuthBy ROUNDROBIN>
Retries 0
FailureBackOffTime 1

# Customer primary
<Host x.x.x.x>
  AuthPort 1812
  AcctPort 1813
</Host>

# Customer secondary
<Host y.y.y.y>
AuthPort 1812
AcctPort 1813
</Host>

# Localhost auth-all
# second instance of radiator running
<Host 127.0.0.1>
AuthPort 5002
AcctPort 5003
</Host>

</AuthBy>

Note: The PROXY1 host is potentially being added as a "buffer" for
WholesaleRadius due to CustomerRadius becoming increasingly unreliable (ie,
not responding fast enough or not at all during peak times). WholesaleRadius
is not running Radiator, and is quite limited in features, hence why
Radiator is potentially being put in behind it.

ta,

--
Miguel

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au