(RADIATOR) proxy requests to a new server

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Aug 24 17:47:11 CDT 2005

Hello Urban -

As mentioned in my previous mail, I would build the new system in a
lab environment and test it first of all with "radpwtst", then with a
test NAS, then I would switch a production NAS to the new system to
verify correct operation. The advantage to this approach is that you
don't touch the existing system and any problems with the new system
can be easily dealt with by simply switching the production NAS back
to the existing system.

On 24 Aug 2005, at 22:22, Urban Edlund wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What I'm doing is trying to merge two radius systems into one. Since
> the two configurations both have many handlers which is difficult
> to overview ,was I
> woundering if there is a way to feed the new server with real
> traffic so I
> can start from scratch building a new configuration to support both
> system.
>
> Perhaps <AuthBy Radius> or <AuthBy Radsec> ?
>
> --
> Regards
> Urban
>

> * Hugh Irvine <hugh at open.com.au> [2005-08-24 21:11:20 +1000]:
>

>> Hello Urban -
>>
>> I'm sorry but I don't understand the question.
>>
>> Usually you would set up your new server in a lab environment and
>> test it with the "radpwtst" utility to begin with, then test it with
>> a test NAS. Once you are happy that it is working as you want it to
>> you should change one of your production NAS devices to point to the
>> new Radiator setup to make sure that it is working properly. If you
>> have problems you can simply change the NAS to point to the old
>> setup. Once you have the new Radiator configuration working properly
>> you can configure the rest of your NAS equipment to use it.
>>
>> hope that helps
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Hugh

NB: