(RADIATOR) Problem with AuthLog SYSLOG?

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Mon Aug 15 21:10:07 CDT 2005

--On 4. august 2005 11:44 +1000 Mike McCauley <mikem at open.com.au> wrote:
> We see that the default behaviour of AuthLog SYSLOG is probably not
> appropriate for all platforms, so we have also now posted a patch so that
> the  syslog socket type is left as the default (tcp, udp, unix, stream,
> console)  unless LogSock is explicitly defined. This should prevent this
> error message  occurring on Soalris in the future.

I've tried setting up Radiator 3.13 + the patch-set I downloaded on the
10th of August, and I now get output like the following:

logging Radius::AuthLogSYSLOG=HASH(0x97812c) 1 Bad Password
Radius::Radius=HASH(0xa8c8e4)
logging Radius::AuthLogSYSLOG=HASH(0x97812c) 1 No such user
Radius::Radius=HASH(0xa7f140)
logging Radius::AuthLogSYSLOG=HASH(0x97812c) 1 No such user
Radius::Radius=HASH(0xa8c4dc)
logging Radius::AuthLogSYSLOG=HASH(0x97812c) 1 No such user
Radius::Radius=HASH(0xa7f140)
logging Radius::AuthLogSYSLOG=HASH(0x97812c) 1 Bad Password
Radius::Radius=HASH(0xa853f4)
logging Radius::AuthLogSYSLOG=HASH(0x97812c) 1 No such user
Radius::Radius=HASH(0xa8c71c)
logging Radius::AuthLogSYSLOG=HASH(0x97812c) 1 No such user
Radius::Radius=HASH(0xa8c104)

This was with trace-level 3 in radiusd.cfg, and the following block
relating to syslog:

        <AuthLog SYSLOG>
                # Logging all failures to syslog
                LogSuccess 0