(RADIATOR) Re: Accounting Requests (DLG-24)

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Aug 10 04:04:01 CDT 2005

Hello Ajay -

If there is a User-Name attribute included in the access accept,
Radiator will send it on to the NAS unchanged.

It is up to your NAS client to do what you describe below, not Radiator.

You may also use the Class attribute in the access accept for this
purpose.

If you send me a copy of your configuration file and a trace 4 debug
showing what is happening I will take a look.

On 10 Aug 2005, at 11:56, Ajay Gopinath wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>
> We are using "AuthBy Radius" authentication. The other radius
> server sends back a Access-Accept packet with a user name
> attribute. We need to use this user name for all Account Requests
> made by us for this session.
>
> Following is a description of the scenario
>
> User-Name:
> This Attribute indicates the name of the user to be authenticated.
> It MUST be sent in Access-Request packets if available.
> It MAY be sent in an Access-Accept packet, in which case the
> client SHOULD use the name returned in the Access-Accept packet in
> all Accounting-Request packets for this session. If the Access-
> Accept includes Service-Type = Rlogin and the User-Name attribute,
> a NAS MAY use the returned User-Name when performing the Rlogin
> function.
> Cheers,
> Ajay

NB: