(RADIATOR) Accounting Requests (DLG-24)

Ajay Gopinath Ajay.Gopinath at ttiadvant.com
Tue Aug 9 20:56:51 CDT 2005

Hi Hugh,

We are using "AuthBy Radius" authentication. The other radius server
sends back a Access-Accept packet with a user name attribute. We need to
use this user name for all Account Requests made by us for this session.

Following is a description of the scenario

User-Name:
This Attribute indicates the name of the user to be authenticated.
It MUST be sent in Access-Request packets if available.
It MAY be sent in an Access-Accept packet, in which case the
client SHOULD use the name returned in the Access-Accept packet in
all Accounting-Request packets for this session. If the Access-
Accept includes Service-Type = Rlogin and the User-Name attribute,
a NAS MAY use the returned User-Name when performing the Rlogin
function.
Cheers,
Ajay