(RADIATOR) AuthGeneric.pm

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Aug 5 17:54:06 CDT 2005

Hello Scott -

This is probably due to a missing Perl module (its likely to be
Digest-MD4 which is available from CPAN).

The latest Radiator 3.13 (plus patches) has a fix which doesn't allow
this to result in a crash.

BTW - it is much easier to see what is happening in these cases if
you run Radiator from the command line:

         cd /your/Radiator/distribution

         perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file /
your/configuration/file

You can also use the restartWrapper utility to catch any Perl error
messages.

On 6 Aug 2005, at 08:41, Scott Ehnert wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am seeing the following error message when I enter a bad password.
>
> Fri Aug  5 15:23:39 2005: DEBUG: Radius::AuthLDAP2 looks for match
> with radius33
> Undefined subroutine &Radius::MSCHAP::ASCIItoUnicode called at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/Radius/AuthGeneric.pm line 465, <DATA>
> line 283.
>
> It causes radiusd to exit, sometimes on the first try, usually on the
> 2nd failed attempt.
>
> I am using Radiator3.11.
>
> Relevant Realm config snippet:
>
> <Realm lab.somenet.net>
>         RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
>         <AuthBy LDAP2>
>         NoDefault
>         Host localhost
>         AuthDN cn=admin, dc=somenet, dc=net
>         AuthPassword <scrubbed>
>         BaseDN dc=somenet, dc=net
>         Version 3
>         UsernameAttr    cn
>         PasswordAttr    passwd
>         ServerChecksPassword
>         AuthAttrDef radiusReplyItem,GENERIC,reply
>         Debug 255
>         </AuthBy>
>         # Log accounting to a detail file
>         AcctLogFileName %D/detail
> </Realm>
>
> Looking for any pointers to fix this as IANA Perl Expert.  I did not
> find a similar problem in the archive.
>
> Much obliged,
>
> -=Scott

NB: