(RADIATOR) testing radiator with mysqlradiator at open.com.au

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Apr 28 17:46:24 CDT 2005

Hello Ted -

The first message is just a warning and is innocuous - you can define a
default host in the AuthBy SQLRADIUS clause if you wish.

See sections 6.4.7 and 6.4.8 in the Radiator 3.12 reference manual
("doc/ref.html").

The second problem is due to the configuration file definition of "."
for DbDir (and LogDir). In your case you would typically use
"/etc/radiator" for your configuration file, dictionary file and so on,
hence you should do something like this:

# Radiator configuration file

# set DbDir to /etc/radiator
# for configuration file, dictionary, etc.

DbDir /etc/radiator

# set LogDir for logging

LogDir /var/log/radius

On 29 Apr 2005, at 06:37, Theodore Knab wrote:

>  Hi am trouble testing/ configuring radius for use with the mysql
> stuff.
>
>  I get this error when I try to run the radiator. What does this mean
> and how can I fix it ?
>
>  I included the error message and the config file.
>
>  This is a debian sarge system:
>      I used alien -i to install the rpm.
>
>  easy:/etc/radiator# /etc/init.d/radiator start
>  Starting Radiator: Thu Apr 28 16:25:46 2005: WARNING: No Hosts
> defined for Radius::AuthSQLRADIUS at '/etc/radiator/radius.cfg' line
> 76
>  Thu Apr 28 16:25:46 2005: DEBUG: Finished reading configuration file
> '/etc/radiator/radius.cfg'
>  This Radiator license will expire on 2005-10-01
>  This Radiator license will stop operating after 1000 requests
>  To purchase an unlimited full source version of Radiator, see
> http://www.open.com.au/ordering.html
>  To extend your license period, contact admin at open.com.au
>
>  Thu Apr 28 16:25:46 2005: DEBUG: Reading dictionary file
> './dictionary'
>  Thu Apr 28 16:25:46 2005: ERR: Could not open dictionary file
> './dictionary': No such file or directory
>  Couldn't create dictionary from './dictionary'. Check log for more
> information: Inappropriate ioctl for device at (eval 8) line 446.
>          ...caught at /usr/bin/radiusd line 5.
>
>  I have a host listed:
>
>  mysql> select * from RADSQLRADIUS;
>
> +------------+---------------+----------------+-----------+----------
> +----------+---------+--------------+-----------------------
> +----------------------------+--------------------------
> +----------------------+---------------+
>  | TARGETNAME | HOST1         | HOST2          | SECRET    | AUTHPORT
> | ACCTPORT | RETRIES | RETRYTIMEOUT | USEOLDASCENDPASSWORDS |
> SERVERHASBROKENPORTNUMBERS | SERVERHASBROKENADDRESSES |
> IGNOREREPLYSIGNATURE | FAILUREPOLICY |
>
> +------------+---------------+----------------+-----------+----------
> +----------+---------+--------------+-----------------------
> +----------------------------+--------------------------
> +----------------------+---------------+
>  | r1         | radius_tester | 209.243.33.239 | tester123 | NULL
> | NULL     |    NULL |         NULL |                  NULL
> |                       NULL |                     NULL
> |                 NULL |          NULL |
>
> +------------+---------------+----------------+-----------+----------
> +----------+---------+--------------+-----------------------
> +----------------------------+--------------------------
> +----------------------+---------------+
>  1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>

> # sqlradius.cfg
> #
> # Example Radiator configuration file.
> # This very simple file will allow you to get started with
> # a simple AuthBy SQLRADIUS system.
> #
> # AuthBy SQL looks up a target radius server for every request in an
> # SQL database, then proxies to the target server. It uses the realm
> [...]

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au