(RADIATOR) radiator install

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Apr 24 01:08:54 CDT 2005

Hello -

There is no Windows application per se in the Radiator distribution.

Radiator is delivered in source code form and it is run from Perl.

Therefore you should run the radius server (the file called "radiusd")
like this (in an MSDOS window):

	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file radius.cfg

The above assumes that you are in the Radiator distribution directory
and your configuration file is called "radius.cfg".

You can of course use any name you wish for the configuration file.

On 23 Apr 2005, at 19:31, finjurdata wrote:

> the install did not work even with msdos. Does not find the
> application in the system
>
> What am I doing wrong??
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hugh Irvine" <hugh at open.com.au>

>>> Files\Radiator\users.
>>> 5 Now test Radiator with the sample configuration file in c:\Program
>>> Files\Radiator\radius.cfg which authenticates all requests from the
>>> file C:\Program Files\Radiator\users, and logs extensively to
>>> C:\Program Files\Radiator\logfile
>>> for some reason this radiator file is not in program files but
>>> rather separate . I linked all of those files to perl line manager
>>> to open with. When running the test I got good results but where is
>>> the radiator file. AM I missing something. I installed for ldap
>>> radius the file with active perl successfully. Please give me a step
>>> by step what I am doing wrong. In command prompt I cannot change the
>>> directory to either perl or radiator. How can i correct this.
>
> NB:
>
> Have you read the reference manual ("doc/ref.html")?
> Have you searched the mailing list archive
> (www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?
> Have you had a quick look on Google (www.google.com)?
> Have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets),

> -
> -
> CATool: Private Certificate Authority for Unix and Unix-like systems.

NB:

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au