(RADIATOR) Radiator 3.11 Hangs and will not restart

William Hernandez whr at essnet.com
Mon Apr 18 09:36:36 CDT 2005

We are running Radiator 3.11 on FC2 with Perl 5.8.3, DBD-Sybase
0.94 and Freetds 0.53 to connect to SQL Server 2000 for
authentication, address allocation and RADONLINE.

We've had problems where Radiator seems to "hang" and will not
respond to radpwtst.

We then use "radius restart" to try to revive Radiator, but it
does not stop the radius process. Trying to stop radius with
"kill -9" will kill the process, but then "radius start" reports
that it cannot bind to the ports. We then have to reboot the
system in order to restart Radiator.

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards,

William Hernández