(RADIATOR) win 2000 installation of radiator

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Apr 14 17:16:55 CDT 2005

Hello -

You should download the Radiator source tarball to the Windows machine,
then unpack it with WinZip or similar.

For example you could create a directory called

	C:\Radiator

then unpack the Radiator source tarball in that directory.

You can then open a DOS window and do this:

	cd C:\Radiator\Radiator-3.12

	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -config_file radius.cfg

this will show you if Perl and Radiator are available and working.

Then you can do

	perl Makefile.PL install

then you can set up your own configuration file and test it as above

	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -config_file finjurdata.cfg

then you can set up radiusd as a service as shown in section 7 of the
reference manual "doc/ref.html".

I recommend you read the Radius RFC's and the Radiator reference manual
at least once so you have some background (included in the "doc"
directory of the Radiator 3.12 distribution.

On 15 Apr 2005, at 07:32, finjurdata wrote:

> Hi
>
> When installing on my red har dell powerdge it was a breeze to install
> and it starts automatically whenever the server goes on.
>
> On my win 2000 server on an identical poweredge I have downloaded the
> 3.12 as stated in  my email and looked at section 4 of the
> installation guide I have active perl that is working but I cannot get
> it in dos.?? WHich file within radiator do I need to unpack. Please
> advise. Am I missing something
>
> desperately seeking radiator

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au