(RADIATOR) One client clause for whole subnet??

Olivier Macchioni olivier.macchioni at swisscom-eurospot.com
Wed Apr 13 01:14:18 CDT 2005

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Jon, Hello All -
>
> There is currently no way to wildcard Client clauses other than the
> <Client DEFAULT> which matches everything.
>
> We have recently added the loading of Client clauses from both SQL and
> LDAP with a configurable RefreshPeriod to automatically reload the
> list(s) instead of having to restart the server. We are still
> considering wildcards, but no decision yet.

A good solution may be a <Client EXTERNAL> which would call a hook...
With a RefreshPeriod to update the list of clients.

This would be consistent with the way Radiator handles all the specific
requirements and would most likely fix any present or future limitation
regarding this topic... as long as you have reasonable number of clients
(a few 10'000s would be the upper limit... but it's a wild guess from me).

Olivier

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au