(RADIATOR) One client clause for whole subnet??

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 09:24:59 CDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Michael Harsh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to define one client clause for a whole subnet? I will have
> Radius clients and Nas devices that will be assigned dynamic IP addresses,
> but Radiator will not be the DHCP server. I suppose I can add a client
> clause for every address in the subnet, but surely there's a better way that
> I have yet to discover.

For what it is worth, I have the same requirement too.  I wasn't able to
find a facility in the documentation to allow any sort of wildcarding on
the Client IP address parameter.  Nearest I could get was:

<Client 10.4.0.1>
        Identifier              SomeClient
        Secret                  secret
        IdenticalClients        10.4.0.2
        IdenticalClients        10.4.0.3
        IdenticalClients        10.4.0.4
</Client>

Not a big deal since it was a test environment with a couple of clients,
but could be rolled out giving lots and lots of concurrent users ...

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK