(RADIATOR) Traffic limiting

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Apr 5 09:53:12 CDT 2005

Hello Vadim -

You could keep track of the traffic in the SQL database and
authenticate the username/password from AD and also check the SQL
database for the traffic limits. You would use two AuthBy clauses
something like this:

	AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept

	<AuthBy SQL>

	<AuthBy LSA>

On 5 Apr 2005, at 09:58, Vadim Tigin wrote:

> Hello, I have the following setup at work; Microsoft Windows Advanced
> Server
> 2000 with SP4 Microsoft Active Directory (2000)
>
> FreeBSD 4.10 + MySQL (4.1)
>
> Radiator is installed on the windows box, I would like to do the
> following;
> Microsoft Active Directory Authorise and Authenticate MySQL Accounting
>
> Now, while this is all quite easy to setup, I have a request, is it
> possible
> to set out traffic limits in MySQL/AD so that when a certain user
> reaches
> his limit, he is no longer able to connect. While at the same time not
> changing auth methods.
>
> I would like to avoid changing the AD sheme if possible.
>
> Thank you in advance

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au