(RADIATOR) Problems with TTLS session resume

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Sep 9 01:17:53 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 11:41:27AM -0600, Terry Simons wrote:
> >But associations are ephemeral.  The NAS Port sent by the Cisco AP is
> >constant over the life of the association.  I'm not sure how you could
> >have a constant NAS Port when there is no physical port.
>
> But you're associated to a specific physical wireless card, aren't you?
>  So that could be the "port" (i.e. "card 1").

Well, not necessarily. An AP may have more than one card.

> It's a shared media, so everybody is connected to the same "port".  It
> doesn't make much sense to use the NAS-Port attribute otherwise, and
> seems like it would be better to simply send only the NAS-Port-Type
> specifying wireless connectivity.

IEEE 802.11 association can be seen as a virtual port and I would say it
would be best to follow common guidelines for using IEEE 802.1X with
IEEE 802.11: use Association ID as the NAS-Port (RFC3580). In other
words, yes, this can change for each association.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au