(RADIATOR) EAP-TLS + LDAP

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Oct 27 15:02:16 CDT 2004

Hello Tirpak -

I have been discussing your problem with Mike and unfortunately it does
not appear to be possible to do what you describe.

Mike is copied on this mail.

On 27 Oct 2004, at 19:38, Tirpak Miklos wrote:

> Hello Hugh,
>
> It did not solved my problem. The seach filter is (%0=%1) now. I
> captured the ldap query with ethereal, and I saw 2 query with
> different search filters:
> 1. uid=Miklos Tirpak
> 2. uid=DEFAULT
>
> You are right, %1 is the identity from the EAP message, which is
> Miklos Tirpak in my case, but I require the mail address, not the
> identity. When I look at the certificate with mmc on windows, I see
> that the mail is in the subject field: E=mtirpak at sztaki.hu.
>
> Thank you,
> Miklos
>
> On 10/27/04 09:53, Hugh Irvine wrote:
>> Hello Miklos -
>> I think you should try using the default SearchFilter which will
>> automatically use the Identity contained in the EAP-Message.
>> The default SearchFilter is:
>>     SearchFilter (%0=%1)
>> See sections 6.36.15 and 23.4 in the Radiator 3.11 reference manual
>> ("doc/ref.html").
>> regards
>> Hugh
>> On 27 Oct 2004, at 00:08, Tirpak Miklos wrote:
>>> Hello Hugh,
>>>
>>> I send you the config file and the debug attached. The searchfilter
>>> in  the ldap query is uid=Miklos Tirpak which is not correct, it
>>> should be  mail=mtirpak at sztaki.hu. I should do the following
>>> somehow:
>>>
>>> 1. Get the realm from the eap request. For example, the user belongs
>>>  to our domain, if the issuer of the certificate was NIIF CA
>>> 2. If the realm is not our, proxy the radius request toward.
>>> 3. If the realm is our check if the cerificate is correct
>>> 4. Look at the revocation list.
>>> 5. Search the user in LDAP based on his e-mail address

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au