(RADIATOR) EAP-TLS + LDAP

Tirpak Miklos mtirpak at sztaki.hu
Fri Oct 22 03:54:04 CDT 2004

Hello!

I would like to use EAP-TLS as dot1x authentication, and get the vlan name from LDAP after the successfull
authentication. The search filter has to contain the e-mail address of the user instead of the name, because the name is
not unique in our database. The searchfilter for exapmle should be: uid=mtirpak at sztaki.hu

The problem is, that the radius request does not contain the e-main address as an attributte, it contains only the user
name: User-Name = "Miklos Tirpak". The e-mail address is in the eap message. Is there any way to make the search filter
based on the e-mail address? Like %{some_attributte}, or with a script?

The realm is also not included in the radius attributtes, so I have to get is from the eap message. This is the same
problem as above.

Thanks,
Miklos

   Miklos Tirpak
   Computer and Automation Research Institute   e-mail : mtirpak at sztaki.hu
   Hungarian Academy of Sciences                phone  : (361) 279-6011
   H-1132 Budapest, Victor Hugo u 18-22         fax    : (361) 279-6021

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au