(RADIATOR) UsernameCharset

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Oct 6 17:05:20 CDT 2004

Hello Robert,

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 23:45, Robert Blayzor wrote:
> Radiator 3.9
>
> Any idea why Radiator silently quits with the following line in our
> default handler:
>
>          UsernameCharset         a-zA-Z0-9\._ at -\&
When I add this to a config, I get this error message on STDOUT:

Thu Oct  7 08:02:17 2004: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler 'Realm=DEFAULT'
Invalid [] range "@-\&" in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/[^a-zA-Z0-9\._ at -\&
<-- HERE ]/ at Radius/Handler.pm line 161.

The dash is being interpreted as being part of a character range.

> But works fine with (or appears so):
>
>          UsernameCharset         a-zA-Z0-9\._@&-
>

> When placing former in the config file and sending a -HUP to the server,
> it logs that it restarted, but then just silently quits.  If you attempt
> to start Radiator, it says it started in the log, but it's not running.
>   No error or warning at all, just quits.
>
> I thought I had to escape the & just to be safe.

You will need to escape the dash too.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au