(RADIATOR) SQLRADIUS - im missing the obvious

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Nov 29 21:56:30 CST 2004

Hello Steve -

In general you want the AuthBy SQLRADIUS clause to be last in the list.

This is because the RADIUS component operates asynchronously, so in
your case is will always fall through to the second AuthBy.

What exactly are you trying to do?

On 30 Nov 2004, at 11:14, Steve Lalonde wrote:

> Hi all
>
> annoying problem - config works as intended but i get lots of warnings
> in the logfile :(
>

> here is the config snipit
>
> <Handler Client-Identifier=******>
>     AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
>     <AuthBy SQLRADIUS>
>         DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:localhost
>         DBUsername      *****
>         DBAuth          *****
>         FailureBackoffTime 10
>         NumHosts        2
>         HostSelect .....
>         HostColumnDef 0, Host
>         HostColumnDef 1, Secret
>         HostColumnDef 2, Retries
>         HostColumnDef 3, AuthPort
>         HostColumnDef 4, failurePolicy
>     </Authby>
>     <AuthBy SQL>
>         DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:localhost
>         DBUsername      ******
>         DBAuth          ******
>         AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check
>         AuthColumnDef 1, GENERIC, reply
>     </AuthBy>
>     AuthLog myauthlogger
> </Hander>
>

> what happens is this
>
> if <AuthBy SQLRADIUS> does not get a valid return from the DB it
> generates a log line like this
>
> Mon Nov 29 20:44:46 2004: INFO: AuthRADIUS could not find a working
> host to forward to. Ignoring
>
> then it goes on to do the <AuthBy SQL>
>
> thats how i want it to work but the log lines are 99% of the log -
> some  100+ meg of garbage logged daily :(
>

> I have tried defining a host as a default but that just ends up with
> different errors being logged.
>
> Any Ideas?
>

> --
> Steve Lalonde RTFM
> Chief Technical Officer
> Entanet International Ltd
> http://www.enta.net/

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au