(RADIATOR) SQLRADIUS - im missing the obvious

Frank Danielson fdanielson at csky.com
Mon Nov 29 19:17:26 CST 2004

First off you have your log level at 3 or higher which is why you are
getting the INFO level messages. At this log level every failure to forward
a request in one of the AuthBy RADIUS variants will generate a message. The
simplest solution is to run at log level 2 if you don't like the messages.

My gut feeling is that your config may not be doing what you want it to. The
AuthBy SQLRADIUS will return immediately after forwarding the request
without waiting for a response and the ContinueUntilAccept will then cause
the request to be handled by the AuthBy SQL. If you get a response from the
remote server that will also be sent back to the client but since the AuthBy
SQL has already replied it really doesn't matter. So in this config _all_
authorization requests are decided by the AuthBy SQL clause. Read that last
sentence again.

There's probably a good solution depending on what you really want to
happen. My guess is that you want to try the AuthBy SQLRADIUS and if no host
is selected you want to use AuthBy SQL. In that case you can run another
instance of Radiator on the same host on some odd port that just does the
AuthBy SQL and then define a default host in your AuthBy SQLRADIUS clause
that points to that instance.

Of course I may have not guessed correctly what you are trying to do. How
about sharing what your goal is and I bet someone on the list will have
already worked it out in the past. Maybe seeing your HostSelect statement
may give some insight as well.

Frank Danielson
Infrastructure Architect

ClearSky Mobile Media