(RADIATOR) Can't get Started!

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Nov 24 15:13:58 CST 2004

Hello Dave:

In an MS-DOS window, in the Radiator distribution directory, could you
please try this and send me the results (in a text file):

	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file radius.cfg

If the above starts correctly (it should), you can then open a second
MS-DOS window and cd to the Radiator distribution directory:

	perl radpwtst

if both the above work then you can proceed with the development of
your configuration file and testing.

On 25 Nov 2004, at 02:12, HOGAN D wrote:

> Having downloaded the Radiator-Locked-3.11 package + latest patches
> and followed the instructions listed in install-demo.html I
> successfully obtained and installed ActivePerl.  I noted that whilst
> the Perl download indicated at the beginning of the process the
> version number to be 5.6.0, after download the installation process
> indicated version 5.8.4 build 810.  Is this OK?
>
> Issuing the command ppm>install Digest::MD4 threw up an error which
> indicated MD4 was not present.  Investigation showed this to be true
> but that MD5 was present so installation proceeded with ppm> install
> Digest::MD5 succesfully. ppm>install perl-ldap also proceeded
> successfully.
>
> Radiator was successfully unpacked and the perl Makefile.PL command
> issued in the distribution directory.
> This resulted in a report which stated that it was unable to find a
> perl 5. This was followed by a list of names used in a search
> presumably. Subsequent use of perl test.pl yielded lots of lines
> containing 'F:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external
> command, not ok
>
> Any ideas where I go from here?
>
> Dave H
> DISCLAIMER
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
> not necessarily the North Devon College. This email and any files
> transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded copies (which may
> contain alterations) subsequently transmitted from the Company, are
> confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. It may
> contain material protected by attorney-client privilege. If you are
> not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to
> the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email
> in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this email in error please notify the SSU manager
> by telephone on +44 (0)1271 338151 or via email to
> postmaster at ndevon.ac.uk, including a copy of this message. Please then
> delete this email and destroy any copies of it.

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au