(RADIATOR) authby sql username check.

Miguel Sanches miguelsanches5150 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 01:23:28 CST 2004

Hiya

Just wondering if anyone could shed a little light on how to do this (even
just hypothetically).

I'm trying to implement a simple username check before checking the users
password: ie: request comes in, check if the username (inc realm) exists in
a db table, if it does, continue on to the password auth, if not, don't
reject them but allocate an IP address out of a pool (private-pool). I'm not
sure whether this would best be done in a simple PreAuthHook or could be
done only in AuthBy SQL.

This is all I have in terms of a config so far (not much I know).

(top stuff removed...)

<AddressAllocator SQL>
        Include "%D/etc/sql.cfg"

        <AddressPool private-pool>
                Range 10.1.1.10 10.1.1.250
                Subnetmask 255.255.255.255
        </AddressPool>
</AddressAllocator>

<AuthBy SQL>
  Identifier LOCAL
  Include "%D/etc/sql.cfg"
  AuthColumnDef 0, Encrypted-Password, check
  AuthColumnDef 1, GENERIC, check
  AuthColumnDef 2, GENERIC, reply
  AuthSelect select passwd, checkattr, replyattr from auth where
username='%n'

  AcctInsertQuery replace into %0 (%1) values (%2)
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy SQL>
        # Check if username exists, if yes move onto LOCAL, otherwise just
assign out of private-pool
        Identifier CHECK_USERNAME

        Include "%D/etc/sql.cfg"

        AuthColumnDef 0, User-Name, check
        AuthSelect select username from auth where username like '%u'
</AuthBy>

<Handler>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept # not sure??
        AuthLog authlog
        SessionDatabase Session1
        AuthBy CHECK_USERNAME
        AuthBy LOCAL