(RADIATOR) Digest Authentication Question.

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Fri Nov 12 16:34:54 CST 2004

Hello Ricardo,

On Saturday 13 November 2004 01:40, Ricardo Martinez wrote:
> Hello List.
> 	I am trying to use Radiator to authenticate SIP users, my SIP server
> authenticate user using Digest Authentication, so the Radius packet is like
> this :
>

>  Attributes:
> 		User-Name = "User1 at sipproxy.mydomain.com"
> 		Digest-Attributes = "<10><9>User1"
> 		Digest-Attributes = "<1><15>sipproxy.mydomain.com"
> 		Digest-Attributes
> ="<2>*4193f392b1c4523017059950be294b7c8bc80632"
> 		Digest-Attributes = "<4><19>sip:sipproxy.mydomain.com"
> 		Digest-Attributes = "<3><10>REGISTER"
> 		Digest-Attributes = "<5><6>auth"
> 		Digest-Attributes = "<9><10>00000001"
> 		Digest-Attributes = "<8><10>9a39a1b8"
> 		Digest-Response = "18f1da62dba6f25b2283b9c2cefd0235"
> 		Service-Type = Sip-Session
> 		NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
> 		NAS-Port = 5060
>
> For what i know in Digest Authentication the password never goes into the
> network.  So if i want to authenticate a user using Digest Authentication
> how can i configure my Radiator to acomplish this?.  I am also using SQL to
> make database querys.  Supponse that i have a TABLE in my database with the
> passwords(maybe in cleartext) of all my clients.  How can i use radiator to
> authenticate a user?
> I really hope that someone can help me here

Radiator can already authenticate such SIP requests, provided it has access to
the correct plaintext password from the user database.

You dont need to do any special configuration to handle SIP: Radiator notices
the Digest-Response attribute and automatically uses SIP.

If it is not working as expected, please post a log file at trace level 5 (not
4) showing what is happening when it tries to authenticate.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au