(RADIATOR) Feature Request: <AuthBy IMAPS>

Karl Gaissmaier karl.gaissmaier at kiz.uni-ulm.de
Wed Nov 10 05:56:06 CST 2004

Hi Mike,

Mike McCauley wrote:

> Hello Charly,
>
> On Wednesday 10 November 2004 03:44, Karl Gaissmaier wrote:
>
>>Hi Mike or Hugh and all radiator lovers,
>>
>>I'd like to see <AuthBy IMAPS> since if the radiator
>>isn't running on the same machine as the imap server
>>this is, as all of us knows, very insecure. Most of us
>>will now longer support IMAP on Port 143 unencrypted.
>>
>>The used CPAN module Mail::IMAPClient is not out of the
>>box usable with SSL. I think for our aims just to use
>>IMAP for authentication the CPAN module Net::IMAP::Simple
>>and Net::IMAP::Simple::SSL would be a better choice.
>>
>>Mike, will you accept this feature request?
>
> Sounds like a reasonably simple and useful project, but we have a number of
> other pressing developments happening right now, including Diameter, so we
> would not be able to get to it soon.

hmm, perhaps I'll find time during christmas to patch
radiator. If this will happen I'll send the patch to
you. When the quality of the patch fulfills your requirements
it would be nice to see this in one of the next releases.

Best Regards
	Charly

--
Karl Gaissmaier       KIZ/Infrastructure, University of Ulm, Germany
Email:karl.gaissmaier at kiz.uni-ulm.de           Service Group Network

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au