(RADIATOR) Parental Controls Strategy

Chris M chrism at peakpeak.com
Wed Nov 3 17:09:07 CST 2004

Hi:

I am toying with ways to implement parental control strategies when surfing.
What I thought of first was the following:

1. Let the user have multiple login names, like joeparent and skipkidee
2. In radiator give the "safe" login name skipkidee a group that will give
it an address from a certain pool of addresses
3. have the web port 80 proxied for that pool of addresses that skipkidee is
in to go through the "clean" proxy

Things I want to know are:

1. How can I limit Simultaneous-use so that joeparent and skipkidee cannot
log in at the same time?

2. Is there a better way you folks have found to implement a feature like
this?

Ideally, I'd also figure out some log technique so that I can parse the logs
and report on the surfing habits of skipkidee to joeparent.

Thanks,
Chris

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au