(RADIATOR) How to return the challenge with "AuthBy OPIE"?

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Nov 3 17:25:06 CST 2004

Hello Ken,

On Thursday 04 November 2004 09:04, Ken Bell wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Just a reminder that in fact Radiator/OPIE authentication with FW-1
> works fine; the problem at this point is that FW-1 doesn't present
> the user with the OPIE Challenge (but if the user knows the correct
> OPIE sequence number, then he can enter the OTP and get authenticated).
>
> Unless you see something wrong with what Radiator is sending back, I
> think now that this is a problem with FW-1, not Radiator.

That reply looks fine. It contains the challenge in the Reply-Message as
expected.

If FW-1 does not display the challenge Reply-Message to the user, then its not
in contravention to the spec. The spec makes it clear that displaying the
challenge to the user is optional on the part of the radius client.

I guess that makes it a bit hard for the users, but unless FW-1 can be
convinced to display the Reply-Message, there is not much more that can be
done.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au