(RADIATOR) Need a couple of suggestions...

Keith Dornbusch keith at uschoice.net
Tue May 11 02:04:01 CDT 2004

I am running Radiator 3.9 and need some direction with the following.

1.) As I understand it <SessionDatabase SQL> which I am using will
contain a snapshot of the current users online.  Does anyone know a good
method for collecting this information to perform the following.

1a.) Chart max ports used by a Realm (hourly, daily and monthly.)
1b.) Max Users online (hourly, daily, monthly)

You get the idea, I want to be able to chart as many stats as I can in
real-time and show over time.
I am guessing I could sample the database every 1 or x minutes and store
the values for each realm.  That just seems like a lot of overhead.

2.) Is there a way to send a restart command to Radiator not running as
a service on a Windows 2000 server from a VB program.  If so can someone
send me some sample code?

3.) Is there a way to set a variable base on the Realm name before any
rewrite like %W but strip the Dot(s) from it?  I am using MySQL for a
client and it does not allow "." in a table name.  This would and does
make config's much smaller when using MS SQL.

Thank You in Advance;
Keith A. Dornbusch / CTO
U.S. Choice, Inc.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au