(RADIATOR) Re: Problem authenticating

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Mar 10 19:10:02 CST 2004

Hi Hugh,

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:50 am, Hugh Irvine wrote:
> Hello Antonio -
>
> This looks like a configuration problem with either or both of the
> Client and/or access point.
>
> The log shows a TTLS challenge, but a PEAP continuation.
>
> Radiator sends the PEAP challenge but nothing else arrives from the
> Client.

I think whats happening here is that Radiator initially offers TTLS, but then
the client asks for PEAP instead. Thats all OK and supported. But then
Radiator sends the first part of the server certificate, and we hear no more
from the client.

I suspect either that the packet size is too big for the AP, (in which case
they need to set EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize smaller), or there is something
seriuosly wrong with the client (in which case they need to enable TLS
tracing in the client).

It is slightly possible that there is something broken/misconfigured in the
AP.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au