(RADIATOR) problem

Matthew Trout matthewtrout at businessserve.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 06:35:24 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 04:20:12PM -0800, Keerti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are using evolution version of Radiator software. Right now we are in
> process of testing our application on this evolution version. We are using
> SQL server to authorize and authenticate the user.
>
> First of all I did not have a DBI.pm file at my Radiator server after
> installation, which I assume is required to connect the database server thru
> DSN.
>
> When I try to login  am getting following error:

> *************
> ERR: Could not load AuthBy module Radius::AuthSQL: Cant locate loadable
> object for module DBI in @INC (@INC contains: . c:/perl/lib c/perl/site/lib
> .) at c:/perl/lib/DBI.pm line 252
> *************
>
> Then I downloaded some DBI.pm files from
> http://cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html. But there are more then one
> version of DBI.PM file and we are confused which one would be suitable.
>
> After putting a DBI.pm at specified location I am getting another error and
> that is:

> *************
> Wed Mar 10 14:18:13 2004: ERR: Could not connect to SQL database with
> DBI->connect dbi:ODBC:raddsn, sa, : Can't locate object method "connect" via
> package "DBI" (perhaps you forgot to load "DBI"?) at
> c:/perl/site/lib/Radius/SqlDb.pm line 109.
> *************

You haven't installed the DBI module right.

Use the 'ppm' command line tool that came with your ActiveState perl distribution.

Open up a command prompt, and type 'ppm' to start it, then type 'install DBI'. Your
command prompt output should look like the following -

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>ppm
PPM - Programmer's Package Manager version 3.0.1.
Copyright (c) 2001 ActiveState SRL. All Rights Reserved.

Entering interactive shell. Using Term::ReadLine::Stub as readline library.

Profile tracking is not enabled. If you save and restore profiles manually,
your profile may be out of sync with your computer. See 'help profile' for
more information.

Type 'help' to get started.

ppm> install DBI
====================
Install 'DBI' version 1.41 in ActivePerl 5.8.0.805.
====================
Downloaded 465734 bytes.
Extracting 63/63: blib/arch/auto/DBI/Driver_xst.h
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\DBI\dbd_xsh.h
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\DBI\DBI.dll
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\DBI\DBI.exp
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\DBI\DBI.lib
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\DBI\dbivport.h
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\DBI\DBIXS.h
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\DBI\Driver.xst
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\DBI\Driver_xst.h
Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\DBI.html
Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\DBI\Changes.html
Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\DBI\DBD.html
Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\DBI\DBD\Metadata.html
Installing C:\Perl\html\bin\dbiproxy.html
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\DBI.pm
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\DBI\Changes.pm
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\DBI\DBD.pm
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\DBI\PurePerl.pm
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\DBI\DBD\Metadata.pm
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\DBD\ExampleP.pm
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\DBD\NullP.pm
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\DBD\Sponge.pm
Installing C:\Perl\bin\dbiproxy
Installing C:\Perl\bin\dbiproxy.bat
Successfully installed DBI version 1.41 in ActivePerl 5.8.0.805.
ppm> quit

C:\

You'll also need to install the appropriate driver, in this case DBD::ODBC
(by starting ppm again and typing "install DBD::ODBC").

Once you've got both of those installed, you should be able to access your
database.

--
Matt S Trout
Network Programmer