(RADIATOR) 802.1x, MD5 and LDAP

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Wed Jun 30 15:20:12 CDT 2004

Hi,

You should probably look at something like TTLS->PAP or PEAP-GTC to
help solve this problem.

It isn't that the server is expecting that your passwords are
clear-text, but that they *HAVE TO BE* in order for the types f
authentication you are trying to work.

This has been covered numerous types in the archives, so I suggest you
start there.

It's the EAP-type that is "broken" here.  What EAP type are you trying
to use? PEAP-MSCHAPv2 is a very common EAP type with this problem.

So once you understand what's really going on with the actual
authentication, it will probably make sense to you.  If you still don't
understand after reading the archives, post another (more specific)
question.

- Terry