(RADIATOR) SOAP XML authentication

Alexis de Goriainoff alexis.degoriainoff at altevia.net
Sun Jun 13 09:18:05 CDT 2004

Hello,

I am looking for a piece of advice.

We currently use a freeradius, that has been modified by our developpers
in order to do SOAP authentication.

The SOAP server runs on a Windows 2003 server and uses a MSSQL database.

We use SOAP because it makes the radius completely independent from the
structure of the database.

The IT people can modify the tables or the structure without advising
the network people as far as the result sent by the soap server remains
the sames.

It also allows to execute several SQL queries, and call other external
programs, and webservices for each radius request.

We would like to use radiator instead of freeradius, because it does not
require much internal propriatary development.

I have read the documentation of the AuthBy SOAP method but it seems to
be mainly designed to tunnel proxy authentication between two radiators.

Is it possible or suitable to use radiator to query an external SOAP
server  ?

We do not want to do any development on the SOAP server side. Is it
possible to have radiator understand our own XML templates ?

Thanks for your advice

--
Alexis de Goriainoff
Altevia