(RADIATOR) Old Ascend NAS support

Patrik Forsberg patrik.forsberg at dataphone.net
Mon Jun 7 04:46:54 CDT 2004

Hi,

been fiddling around with a old Ascend (now days Lucent) PM3 .. and
trying to get L2TP to work throw it.

I've come to the conclusion that it needs the "tunnel-password" to be
sent in clear-text.. otherwise it just wont work.
How can I do this in Radiator.. I really don't like the idea to have to
have the old ascend based radius daemon running just because of this.
When I do run the old radiusd I can specify "ClearTextTunnelPassword" in
the forward statement in Radiator but this cant be done in a "<AuthBy
FILE>" statement for example.

Please help!
Patrik

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au