(RADIATOR) DNS settings will not go to client

Peter Lindeman peter.lindeman at tpa-nl.com
Wed Jul 21 16:54:34 CDT 2004

Frank Danielson wrote:

> This might be a stretch but since attribute 135 is a standard RADIUS
> attribute and is not normally called Cisco-Primary-DNS-Server could it be
> possible that you have duplicate entries in your dictionary? If the
> Cisco-Primary-DNS-Server attribute is defined somewhere later in the
> dictionary as a Vendor Specific Attribute it will override the first
> definition.
>
> How about a trace 4 or even a trace 5 debug of a request and a response? It
> may also help to see you complete config file.

I looked with Ethereal and saw that nothing was sended. I changed the
attribute back to what it was default "Ascend-Client-Primary-DNS" and
changed the config like this :

AddToReply Ascend-Client-Primary-DNS=192.168.3.4,
Ascend-Client-Assign-DNS = DNS-Assign-Yes

I now see in Ethereal that this attribute is sended along as reply but
the gprs mobile does not the DNS setting. When I am in the office
tomorrow I will see if I can get a full log and post it here.

> On another note, I've been trying to track down some Ericsson VSA's with
> vendor code 193. If you happen to have some dictionary entries for that
> vendor code I could really use them. Thanks.

I do not have these info. The Ericsson equipment that is accessing our
radius if our Telecom provider. That makes it also a bit difficult for
me to track down this problem.

--

Peter Lindeman
TPA traffic & parking automation bv