(RADIATOR) MySQL connections

Fred Leeflang f.leeflang at hva.nl
Mon Jul 19 07:48:28 CDT 2004

Hi Hugh,

Well the problem is the following, we've observed this before:

- A connection gets set up, our Nokia firewall creates a session
- over the weekend or so, when there's little activity, the Nokia
  times out the idle session. Neither client nor server get proper
  notification of that, in other words, both still think the TCP
  connection exists.
- Then on monday, activity picks up, but since it's not a *new*
  connection the Nokia will not create a new session and discard
  any packets sent on that connection.

Either way, I've fixed the problem by adjusting MySQL's
interactive_timeout value to be lower than the Nokia's,
not a very good solution but then at least MySQL will
properly disconnect so radiator will know the socket has
disconnected.

regards,
Fred

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au