AW: (RADIATOR) Putting PostAuthHook script in background.

Huber, Rainer rainer.huber at gmx.at
Fri Feb 13 11:15:04 CST 2004

Hi!

I've implemented a similar scenario (dynamic provisioning) with named
pipes on radiators (high load), so locking/delaying the radiator
processes was a "must not".

Within the init scripts I am starting a process which creates a named
pipe and reads endless from the pipe (blocking if nothing is written to
the pipe). This process handles all the tasks which have to be done (in
my case a perl script - could also be a c executeable or a perl 5.8
multithreaded script ;-) )

In the radiator hook I am writing non-blocked to the pipe (=> very fast
with "no delay"). Problem handling is also quiet easy.

I've played around with executing external commands but I was not happy
about the performance impact (took ~80ms on a Netra with highres logging
to execute a lynx http post as far as I remember). Forking the radiator
process was no issue for me.

At the moment four backend radius processes behind a local proxy on one
machine do the provisioning by this script without problems

Regards,
Rainer