(RADIATOR) PreProcessingHook to bypass further processing

Kwang Moon kwang.moon at O2.com
Tue Feb 10 08:57:06 CST 2004

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to carry out some checks in a
PreProcessingHook, and based on the results to immediately halt the handling
process and send back a $main::REJECT to the client?

The reason I want to do this is because I have heaps of handlers (all pretty
much doing the same thing), the only difference being the handler check
item.  So, what I want to do is create one handler to deal with say
Access-Request packets and then verify the check item within the say a
PreProcessingHook (ie if it doesn't match then somehow send a reject
immediately without further processing, and if it passes then continue with
hook and return back to the handler).

There was a posting earlier last year:
http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/2003-05/msg00147.html
asking a very similar question, however, there didn't appear to be a
resolution.

If this is not possible, then (a question to Mike or Hugh) what's the
likelihood of getting a feature added to the handler clause similar to the
IdenticalClients.  It could look something like:
IdenticalHandlers <attribute=value, attribute=value, ...>

Cheers,
Kwang

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au