(RADIATOR) Wireless Authentication question

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Feb 2 17:31:28 CST 2004

Hello Joe,

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 07:57 am, Joe Honnold wrote:
> I have an LDAP infrastructure that is using SHA1 encrypted passwords.
> After testing TTLS<->PAP with the Odessy client the decision was made
> not to move forward with it.
> I need to take a closer look at LEAP.
> I am looking for some advise on the following:
>
> I was hoping I can get Radiator to authenticate to a CGI running on a
> web server which is then bound to LDAP.  I am not sure whether this
> makes sense or not???

Yes, that is possible, but I dont think it will help you with your LEAP
access. In order to authenticate LEAP, the authenticator needs access to the
plaintext or reversibly encrypted password. It will not be possible to
authenticate LEAP against SHA1 encrypted passwords (SHA1 is a one-way hashing
function).

The only way you will get LEAP to work with LDAP is to put plaintext or RCrypt
encrypted passwords in the LDAP database, or else use TTLS-PAP, which will
work with any type of encrypted or non-encrypted password database.

Hope that helps.
Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au