(RADIATOR) redundant radius accounting servers

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Aug 13 19:58:05 CDT 2004

Hello Martin -

You can easily build this sort of thing with a Radiator host that
proxies to multiple destinations.

I am also currently working on a project in which we are going to
experiment with sending radius accounting requests to a multicast
address so we can easily add redundant servers in a manner similar to
what you describe. I should have some results in the coming weeks and I
will post a summary to the list describing what we come up with.

On this same project we are also using Alteon load balancers which may
be capable of duplicating requests. I have not looked at this in detail
yet. See http://www.nortelnetworks.com/products/family/alteon.html for
more details.

There are a number of companies making hardware load balancers and a
quick Google search for "radius load balancer" brings up lots of hits.

BTW - you should pressure your VoIP gateway supplier to fix their
software.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au