(RADIATOR) redundant radius accounting servers

Martin Koenig martin.koenig at toplink-plannet.de
Fri Aug 13 06:33:14 CDT 2004

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution to setup a redundant radius accounting server array.

Scenario:

We have several dump VoIP gateways, and they all generate radius
accounting-requests. They only support one radius accounting server, so
redundancy cannot be generated at the gateway itself. We would like to
misuse a load-balancer to simply double the accounting requests and send
them to multiple servers. Alternatively we would need to setup a high
availability radius proxy and double the requests there?

Has anyone got experience with this kind of setup? Real redundancy cannot be
reached, that is obvious due to the limitation of the gateways, but the
single point of failure has to be something like 99.999% uptime per year,
thus a load balancer would be a nice thing. Is such kind of hareware
available somewhere?

Regards,
Martin

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au