(RADIATOR) pGina free Windows Login authentication via Radius

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Aug 11 06:34:38 CDT 2004

Hello all,

We have recently tested the pGina Windows Login Authentication system
( http://pgina.xpasystems.com/)

pGina is a free Windows Login system that replaces the standard Windows login
screen. It authenticates the user and then allows them to use the computer.
It has a system of plugins and supports a wide range of authentication
mechanisms, including Radius. It runs on Windows 2000 and XP. Full source is
available, but we tested the prebuilt binary distributions.

We tested pGina and the Radius plugin against Radiator with simple.cfg and it
works fine. It even supports accounting Start and Stop records at logon and
logoff.

pGina was easy to install and configure, and it seems to be quite mature.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au